Joomla is an award winning CMS (content management system) that is used for creating websites, internet and mobile applications. What has made Joomla so popular is the easy to use interface and expansions.
The best thing about Joomla is that it is open source which means it is free and available to anyone who wants to use it. Now all we need to do is show you how to choose the best hosting and host a Joomla website.
Let us start with the basics...what is a CMS?
A CMS or content management system is a program that manages all the content on the website, just like your local library follows each and every one of its books.
Content can be text, pictures, music, videos,documents or any other thing you can think of! The best thing about using this CMS is that you almost don’t need any technical knowledge or experience to manage it, because the CMS does it for us.
Other popular CMS programs you may have heard of are:
So why Joomla?
- Joomla is used globally for sites of various sizes and types. from the smallest to the largest. for example:
- Company websites
- Company portals
- Business websites
- Magazines and news sites
- E-commerce sites (eBay uses Joomla)
- Government applications
- Small business websites
- NGO’s - Non Profit organizations
- Social portals
- Personal websites
- and loads more…
- Multilingual - Joomla offers more than 64 languages. This can make your blog or website more accessible and you can reach out to a much larger audience.
- Joomla allows for easy uploading, organizing and managing all your media. Joomla can handle almost every type of file you can think of and that is out there.
- The Media Manager is integrated into the Article Editor so you can access images and all other media files for easy usage and enhancement of your written content, without having to run around from one system or index to another.
- Easy to Install - You actually don’t have to install Joomla! Due to it’s popularity most quality web hosting services will allow you to install Joomla directly from their control panel. Normally all you will need to do is make one click and you can create a basic website in just a few minutes.
Now that we have established what Joomla is all about, and you have decided that it suits you and your needs let’s get it!
How do you get Joomla and how to host a Joomla website?
You can install Joomla through your web hosting service provider and it is so easy!
Joomla is a powerful software that is easy to work with once you have the right web hosting service to support you.
The thing is that although there are thousands of web hosting companies and services out there some are more suitable for working with Joomla.
We have made a list of the top ten web hosting services that provide impeccable service and support for Joomla websites. This is based on our client reviews and our own testing of many factors.
Top ten hosts to host a Joomla website:
eHost - 4.9/ 5 stars
InMotion Hosting - 4.9/ 5 stars
WebHostingHub - 4.7/ 5 stars
iPage - 4.5/ 5 stars
Bluehost - 4.5/ 5 stars
SiteGround - 4.5/ 5 stars
Arvixe - 4.2/ 5 stars
Hostmonster - 3.9/ 5 stars
HostGator - 4.4/ 5 stars
Fatcow - 3.5/ 5 stars
So now you can see which website is the right one for you, but before you make your final decision we recommend that you read client reviews about the company you are interested in so that you know you are making the right decision for yourself.
You should read a minimum of ten or twenty reviews per company to get a better picture. After all - knowledge is power.
Once you have read the reviews, decided on the best web hosting company for you you can now visit our coupons and deals page for a discount. We have created this page to help you when starting out and the coupons are kept up to date with the latest discounts and deals.
How to host a Joomla website - let’s get down to business!
Once you have signed up and used your coupon or discount, chosen your domain it is time to get Joomla! so how do you do it?
All the companies we recommended have Joomla already installed. All you need to do is click on one click installation or on the Joomla plug in button and your webhosting company will install it for you.
Follow the instructions and within a few minutes you will have Joomla and you can start designing your site and adding content.
Yes! It is that simple!
For more information and resources visit our site and like our Facebook page.
We are constantly updating all our information, top ten web hosting companies, articles and more.
Come and join the Pickuphost community.